COVID-19 Policy & Procedures
CHECKLIST BEFORE COMING TO THE STUDIO
• ALL CLASSES WILL NEED TO BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE, WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY DROP INS.
- WE RECOMMEND YOU ARRIVE IN YOUR WORKOUT OUTFIT. THERE WILL BE NO SHOWER FACILITIES OR TOWEL SERVICES (PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN TOWEL). CHANGING ROOMS AND LOCKERS WILL BE LIMITED
• YOU MUST ARRIVE 10 MINUTES BEFORE CLASS, AS DOORS WILL BE CLOSED 1 MINUTE BEFORE CLASS STARTS.
• THERE WILL BE NO WATER DISPENSER IN USE, PLEASE FILL UP YOUR WATER BOTTLES BEFORE COMING TO THE STUDIO OR YOU CAN PURCHASE WATER BOTTLES FROM THE STUDIO.
- IF YOU CANCEL YOUR BOOKING, YOU MUST CANCEL 12 HOURS IN ADVANCE, PLEASE EMAIL STUDIO@DEFINE.LONDON
CHECK IN PROCESS.
• WHEN APPROACHING THE STUDIO PLEASE ENSURE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND QUEUE UP BEHIND THE BARRIER OUTSIDE THE STUDIO AGAINST THE WINDOW.
• A MEMBER OF STAFF WILL COME AND CHECK YOUR TEMPERATURE BEFORE HEADING INTO THE RECEPTION AREA. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED INTO THE STUDIO IF YOU HAVE A HIGH TEMPERATURE.
- WHEN SIGNING IN, A MEMBER OF STAFF WILL ASK YOU TO CONFIRM THAT YOU ARE NOT EXPERIENCING ANY SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19, AND THAT YOU HAVE NOT BEEN IN CONTACT WITH ANYONE WHO IS EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS.
- ONCE ALLOWED INTO THE RECEPTION YOU WILL BE GIVEN A NUMBER, THIS NUMBER IS THE SPACE YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED IN THE STUDIO. PLEASE SANITISE YOUR HANDS UPON ENTRY OF THE STUDIO. INSIDE THE STUDIO THERE WILL BE HAND SANITISER AND SANITISING WIPES.
- PLEASE PUT ALL PERSONAL BELONGINGS IN LOCKERS IN THE CHANGING ROOMS. PLEASE WIPE LOCKER BEFORE AND AFTER USE.
• WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU IN THE STUDIO WITHOUT BARRE SOCKS OR SPORTS SOCKS. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY, WE SELL BARRE SOCKS IN THE STUDIO.
- WE ONLY ACCEPT CARD PAYMENTS.
IN THE STUDIO
• PLEASE GO TO THE SPACE ALLOCATED BY A NUMBER GIVEN TO YOU BY A MEMBER OF STAFF.
• WE WILL BE MINIMISING WEIGHTS TO HAND WEIGHTS ONLY. THERE WILL NOT BE ANY ANKLE WEIGHTS.
• NATURAL AIR AND AIR-CONDITION WILL BE FLOWING CONSTANTLY IN CLASS
• THE VIRTUAL CLASSES WILL BE FILMED LIVE FROM THE STUDIO; HOWEVER, YOU WILL NOT BE IN THE FILMED. THE CAMERA IS ONLY FOCUSED ON THE INSTRUCTOR.
- IF YOU LEAVE THE CLASS MIDWAY, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED BACK INTO THE CLASS.
• PLEASE WIPE DOWN YOUR BARRE, MAT AND ANY WEIGHTS USED AFTER EACH CLASS.
• TO AID OUR NEW PROCESSES, AND TO ENSURE SOCIAL DISTANCING, WE ASK THAT YOU LEAVE THE STUDIO PROMPTLY AFTER THE CLASS.
• WE HAVE CREATED A 15-MINUTE BREAK BETWEEN CLASSES IN ORDER TO ADHERE TO GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES AND MINIMISE ANY CONGREGATION. PLEASE ENTER AND EXIT THE PREMISES AS PER THE GUIDANCE OF YOUR INSTRUCTOR SO THAT THEY CAN FULFIL ALL THEIR DUTIES IN THIS BREAK.
- IF YOU AT ANY POINT TEST POSITIVE FOR COVID-19, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY SELF-ISOLATE AND SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR RECENT CONTACTS THROUGH THE NHS TEST AND TRACE SERVICE, TO HELP ALERT OTHER PEOPLE WHO MAY NEED TO SELF-ISOLATE.
- ANY STAFF EXPERIENCING SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19 WILL SELF-ISOLATE AND FOLLOW THIS SAME PROTOCOL.
PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THE FULL AND UPDATED VERSION OF THESE PROCEDURES WILL SIT ON OUR WEBSITE, AND CAN BE UPDATED AT ANY TIME TO REFLECT UPDATED GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES OR INTERNAL PROCEDURES.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE EMAIL STUDIO@DEFINE.LONDON
General Studio Rules
MEMBERSHIP AND FEE
Members must be at least 18 years of age. Membership payments shall be payable monthly in advance, although Members may prepay all of their membership subscriptions for the following 12 months in a lump sum payment. Payments of monthly instalments can only be made by Direct Debit from a UK bank account with a recurring transaction agreement. Monthly instalments are payable on the original purchase date, while additional charges i.e. water, clothing, other accessories purchased at the studio will be charged to the date with credit card provided as on file, unless different payment method is requested. Members must give notice to the Studio of any change of postal or email address. Failing such notice, all communications shall be presumed to have been received within 5 days of the postmarked date. All membership fees are reviewed annually usually on the 1st January, members will be notified of any changes by post or email by giving one full calendar months’ notice. The Company reserves the right to refuse an application from any applicant for any reason. Membership is non-transferable and non-refundable, unless there is written agreement to the contrary. If any monthly fees or charges incurred are not paid when they fall due, the company reserves the right to temporarily refuse the member access to the studio until such time as full payment has been made. The studio reserves the right to refer any missed payments to a debt collection agency and will charge you a fee, in respect of failed subscription payments and/or collection letters sent to you in respect of unpaid amounts.
PER-BOOKING & CHECKING-IN FOR THE CLASS
Members must book-in for a class and are advised to do so in advance to secure a space. On arrival, members must check-in with Front Desk Staff. If member fails to check-in with Front Desk Staff they may be marked as ‘no-show’ and may liable to pay penalty fee.
When a class is full, you will be able to book onto a class waiting list. If a place becomes available, you will be sent an email and a text to say you have been moved into the class, with request to confirm your attendance (if you move from the waiting list into a class and you are no longer able to attend, you will not generate a no-show or late cancellation).
CLASS CANCELLATION POLICY
If you change your mind, cancellation is available up until 12 hours before the start of the class. Later notification will be classified as late cancel / no-show and you may be liable to pay penalty fee. Penalty fee is a full credit charge.
This policy maximises the potential number of class slots available to members.
NO-SHOWS AND LATE CANCELS
You will be charged a credit if you don’t show up or cancel your class with less than 12hrs notice. However, you are able to re-schedule your booking for the later/earlier class within the same day.
DEFINE Black Card Unlimited membership holders are allowed 3 no-shows/late cancels per billing month. Exceeding this allowance will lead to pay penalty fee per cancelled/missed class. Penalty fee is a full credit charge. Black card member is able to re-schedule within the same day to avoid ‘no show/late cancel’ charge.
DEFINE Weekender Membership holders are allowed 1 no-show/late cancel per month. Member is able to re-schedule within the same day to avoid ‘no show/late cancel’ charge.
Clients will be denied access to the class if they are more than 5 minutes late and will be marked as ‘late cancel’.
This policy is in place to ensure your safety (warm-up is critical part of the workout) and other participants experience.
From time to time, monthly rolling membership holders may be entitled to receive a Buddy Credit (you will always be notified by email). Buddy Credit may be used to invite a friend, family or colleague to a class with you. ‘Buddy’ must be accompanied by the member. ‘Buddy’ is allowed to come-in only once to try-out the class. Same person will not be allowed more than once. If you wish to use your Buddy Credit, email email@example.com with your friend’s full name, email address and telephone number and the class you wish to attend and we will book them in.
Members that joined before 1st January 2019 are entitled to 2 buddy credits a month.
PT bookings must be cancelled 12hrs before the session if unable to attend. Unfortunately, if cancelled with less than 12hrs notice, we will charge 50% of the booking price.
Please be aware that all Personal Training sessions are non-transferable and will expire exactly 6months from the date of purchase.
Lockers may be available for use by members and clients whilst they are at the studio, subject to availability. Members/clients must ensure that the contents of the daily lockers are removed at the end of their visit. The studio reserves the right to open lockers without the member’s/client’s permission or presence. All bags must be kept in lockers and should not be taken into the fitness areas. The Company reserves the right to remove the contents from any locker, which has not been emptied after the visit. Property cleared from lockers, or left on the premises, shall be donated to charity after 1 month.
ONLINE WORKOUT VIDEOS
Access to online workout videos will expiry 30 days from date of purchase. Studio will not accept liability for for any client’s broken furniture from use during the online workouts.
Studio will not accept liability for any damage or loss to a Member’s or client’s personal property brought into the Studio premises. All activities and treatments are taken at the Member’s or client’s own risk. Neither the Studio, the Company nor their servants and agents shall be liable for personal injury sustained by Members or clients whilst on the Studio’s premises, except in so far as it can be proven that this relates to the wilful act, neglect or default of the Company or the Studio or any servants or agents. Members or clients who suffer an accident or injury on the Studio premises must report the accident or injury and the circumstances in which it occurred to the Studio Manager immediately following the accident or injury. Studio will not accept liability for for any client’s broken furniture from use during the online workouts.
MEMBER’S HEALTH AND SAFETY WARRANTY
Members and clients must warrant and represent that they are in good physical condition and capable of engaging in exercise and notify a member of the fitness team immediately in order that Member/client notes and their programme can be updated or medical clearance obtained. If through injury or other reason, such as pregnancy, this is not the case, they must consult a doctor before engaging in exercise and that he/she knows of no medical or other reason why he/she is not able to engage in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to his/her health, safety, comfort or physical condition. The Member/Client shall not use Studio facilities whilst suffering from any infectious or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst suffering from a physical ailment such as open cuts, abrasions, open sores or minor infections where there is a risk that such use may be detrimental to the health, safety, comfort or physical condition of other Members and Clients. We recommend that before using the club you familiarise yourself with the fire exits and emergency routes in case of evacuation. Please note that employees are NOT required to “seek & search” the building. Therefore, it is the responsibility of each individual to follow the relevant instructions.
Your data privacy and security are important to us. Please refer to our Privacy Notice which explains how we collect, store and handle your personal data.
CANCELLATION AND FREEZE OF MEMBERSHIP
Monthly membership cancellations must be received before or by your billing date, however cannot be submitted in the same month as joining. A full calendar month’s payment is required which means a minimum of one month and a maximum of 2 months final payment will be necessary depending on the date the cancellation form is received. Requests for cancellation must be made on a cancellation form available at the studio or can be emailed to you. You will receive an email confirmation within 3 working days – until you receive this email the cancellation will not be valid. Verbal instructions to cancel a membership cannot be accepted, all requests must be in writing. Memberships can only be cancelled if subscription collection is active. Monthly fees and/or prepaid fees are not refundable.
Request to freeze must be made on a freeze form available at the studio or can be emailed to you. We require 3 days’ notice and the minimum time for freezing is one month, maximum 3 per year. Members cannot apply to cancel while their membership is frozen. Freeze fee of £30 will be applied per frozen month.
You can request to freeze on medical grounds free of charge. Freeze application form must be filled and suitable notice must be provided. The membership can be suspended for maximum of 6 months free of charge. The decision to accept or reject an application from a member to suspend their membership is at the sole discretion of the Studio Manager.
Closed circuit cameras operate throughout the Studio except in the changing areas. Any unlawful activity within the Studio may be reviewed for possible legal action.
STANDARD COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Members and Clients are encouraged to make any comment or complaint to any staff member or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Should a member or client wish to discuss any issue in person they can also request to speak to the manager.
The Company may assign the benefit of the Membership Agreement to a third party at any time without notice to the Member. A person who is not party to the Membership Agreement has no rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to rely upon or enforce any term of the Membership Agreement. The Company may communicate with the Members via electronic mail (“email”) and/or by SMS. By providing an email address or mobile telephone number to the Company, the Member consents to receiving email and/or SMS communications from the Company, including notices pursuant to these terms and conditions. The Member also accepts that email and/or SMS may not be a secure and confidential means of communication. The Company will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of communicating with a Member by email and/or SMS. The Company may communicate with the Members via a newsletter, notice boards and through content on the Company’s website.